Python Backend Developer at PIE Mapping
London, UKMay 21, 2013
PIE Mapping is a mapping consultancy looking for a Python backend developer to join our expanding team. We supply industry-leading mapping solutions for local authorities, freight operators and entertainment venues.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Helping to design and develop APIs to expose our data and services
- Working closely with the lead developer to develop new features
For this position you will need:
- At least one year experience as a backend developer
- Technical Requirements:
- Confident in Python development
- Knowledge of PHP will be beneficial
- Object Oriented Programming knowledge
- Developed understanding of frameworks (Django)
- SQLAlchemy and TastyPie knowledge will be beneficial
- Relational database experience: Postgresql
- Working with APIs: RESTful, JSON, XML
- Linux environment (SSH, file transfer, VIM)
- GIT and SVN
- Adhering to coding standards
- Developing high quality, well documented and easily maintained code
- Provide documentation, and ensure shared knowledge of solutions implemented
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, capable of working alone or as part of a team and be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to learn
- GIS background would be advantageous although not essential
You will be working within a small team and therefore a "start-up" mentality is required.
How to Apply
If interested please send an email with cover letter and CV.
Candidates must apply directly and not through any recruitment agencies.
Interested in this job? Get in touch.