At Wazoku, we’re all about great ideas. In fact, Wazoku means great idea in Swahili. We believe in the power of capturing and developing good ideas and have developed easy to use idea software and innovation management tools for your business.
Skills & Requirements
If you know Python, Django, are comfortable with APIs, interested in data flows, developing algorithms and have an interest in B2B, get in touch!
- You have experience developing web applications and can share examples
- You have experience adapting other people’s code
- You are comfortable working with a large variety of APIs
- You have experience developing APIs
- You can make the fast faster!
- You have your own thoughts and opinions on possible development languages and can justify your preferences
- You are interested in NoSQL (we work with CouchDB) and PostgreSQL
- You can handle large and dynamic data sets
- You are confident and skilled with server side development languages (we work in Python)
- You can work well in a team
- You understand that working at a start-up is very different from a 9 to 5, it is exceptionally rewarding but requires working odd and long hours at times
- You are confident building highly interactive web application interfaces via the use of AJAX and JSON/JSONP/XML via RESTful API’s
- You are confident with agile methodologies and TDD, and you feel the need to constantly improve yourself and write the most beautiful and idiomatic code as possible
- Bonus points if you’re confident with distributed SCM (we are on github), Linux, like to use the command line and Emacs/sublimetext