Catchafire (http://www.catchafire.org) is looking for a passionate, quality-focused senior software engineer with a social conscience. Your job will be to support, enhance, and expand Catchafire's pro bono matching website. If you have passion not only for technology but also for applying technology to further social causes in new and innovative ways, we'd like to speak with you.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Engaging in all aspects of software development, including architecture, documentation, unit testing, and deployment using Python and the Django framework
- Working with internal sales, community, operations, product team and executive staff to review and implement ideas
- Website systems administration and optimization on Ubuntu servers
- Providing leadership to and mentoring other technology team members
The ideal candidate for this position must demonstrate the following:
- 5+ years experience coding in Python
- 5+ years experience using the Django (or similar) web framework
- 5+ years SQL coding experience
- Experience scaling and administering full web application stacks
- Eagerness to learn and work at all levels of responsibility
- Working knowledge of source code control and unit testing
- Experience scaling with MySQL
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Project leadership and management duties
- Experience using Fabric for devops tasks
- Experience with Apache, nginx, gunicorn, caching systems
- If you're truly awesome, and have some characteristic that you believe will compensate for lacking one of the key skills, just explain it in your submission.
Telecommuting / working remotely (including from outside the US) is an option for folks willing to align their workday, for at least a few hours, with US East coast business hours.
No recruiters, please.