Beverage Media is at the center of the liquor industry with a B2B ecommerce platform and retail-to-consumer sites for about 200 liquor stores. We are transferring our code base to Django and need an architect level developer to help lead work on a new ecommerce platform for the trade.
The position will be based at our Hackensack NJ and NYC offices.
- 10+ years experience in full stack production web application development and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience using Python in production environments
- 2+ years experience using Django
- Extensive experience modeling data in relational databases
- Experience working with NoSQL solutions such as Solr, Lucene, and Elasticsearch
- Thorough knowledge of common deployment techniques for Python-based web applications on a Linux platform.
- Experience with performing basic system administration and troubleshooting tasks in a Linux environment.
- Fluency with the setup and use of standard distributed version control systems like Git and Mercurial.
You would be using your skills and experience to build products from the ground up, redesigning data architecture, building application interfaces and working with leading Django consultants. Also, this is the liquor industry so there are abundant opportunities to expand your knowledge of wine, craft beer, or brown spirits; whatever your fancy.
Competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, 401k.