The Simons Foundation is seeking an experienced UI/UX Engineer to develop a highly interactive and effective user interface and work collaboratively with internal front-end and back-end developers. The UI/UX Engineer will make a direct and lasting impact on autism research by building an online platform supporting the engagement of tens of thousands of families affected by autism.
- Design, develop and maintain effective user interfaces for querying, analysis and display of phenotypic, genetic and imaging data.
- Work collaboratively and closely with other front-end engineers, back-end engineers, study coordinators, project managers and data analysts.
- Participate in open source software development efforts that are aligned with foundation priorities.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or related discipline with five years of experience
- At least five years of software development
- At least five years designing and developing user interfaces and data visualization interfaces
- At least three years of experience with Python
- At least three years of experience with MVC framework such as Django
- At least three years of experience with test automation framework such as Selenium and Behave
- At least three years of experience with version control systems such as Git
- At least three years of experience building responsive web designs that are cross browser compatible
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and/or CouchDB
Desired experience and knowledge:
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with D3.js
- Experience with SVG
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with responsive framework CSS such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Experience with basic workings of various protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
The Simons Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
To apply, see How to Apply section below