Job Title: Full Time Django Web Application Engineer (New York City)
Employment type: Full-time
A Web Technology Startup, recently featured in TechCrunch, seeks a Full Stack Engineer.
Our Client is a funded web app startup that provides secure and modern B2B software to cannabis professionals to manage their wholesale activity and business relationships. With our growing team and powerhouse board, we will set an industry standard for B2B relations including:
- Order Management
- Relationship Management
Product and Company Discoverability
Our clients mission is to legitimize and standardize an industry that presents a once-in-a-generation opportunity in a proven market.
- 4+ years working in a fast paced software environment as an engineer
- 4+ years working directly with Django and Python
- 4+ years working with AWS and similar cloud computing services
- 3+ years working with nginx and wsgi environments
- 3+ years working with Celery or similar queue systems
- 3+ years working with Elasticsearch or similar technology
- 3+ years working with PostgreSQL
- 2+ years working with AngularJS and client side web application development
- 2+ years experience of RESTful API development
- 2+ years experience with automated deployment and configuration tools
- Should be more than confident with HTML and CSS
- Proven track record for quality code which has proper test coverage and documentation
- You should be comfortable and embrace working in an agile / sprint based environment
- Comfortable in a Linux (Ubuntu) environment
- Familiar with basic security and infrastructure design
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You are not a designer but have an eye for user experience and can do slight modifications to CSS
- Strong production infrastructure experience: backups, load balancing, etc.
- You have personal interest in the Cannabis Industry and are familiar with elements of compliancy.
- You have worked in a startup environment
- Excited by interacting directly with clients to understand their needs and gather requirements.
- Lead or contribute to open source software projects